Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Inspire him to be healthy


When my Hunny went to the Police Academy, he realized then that he was terribly out of shape. Though he was a young looking 30 yr old in good health, he was in no shape to compete with 20-somethings-straight-out-of-the-marines in the 2nd toughest Police Academy in California. My Hunny injured his shoulder in the 3rd week and was unable to complete the academy in the required time. Though this came as a HUGE disappointment (we cried for about a week), it gave him inspiration to get back into shape (and back on the saddle for a career in law enforcement). Here is a booklet from Men's Health that has simple yet effective exercises that helped my Hunny reach his goal. I printed them out, put them in plastic page protectors and filed them in a binder to make it easy for him to do the exercises. Hope you can use them as well!

2 Vintage Beauty Lovers Said...:

McMullin's said...

Hey I found your blog through Frugal Hacks and I saw this post. My hubby is trying to get in the Police Acadamy here in Washington and he got through the testing only to find out he was over the weight requirement so having these excersises will help him alot. Thanks

Lady Lydia said...

Glad to help. One of the most important things I did for my Hunny was to make sure he ate enough calories. It's amazing how much they burn in one PT session, so fill him up on the good stuff!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin