Wednesday, September 30, 2009

How to feel blonde all over...according to Marilyn


"I never cared especially for outdoor sports, and have no desire to excel at tennis, swimming or golf. I'll leave those things to the men. Despite its great vogue in California, I don't think sun-tanned skin is any more attractive than white skin, or any healthier, for that matter. I'm personally opposed to a deep tan because I like to feel blond all over."

-Marilyn Monroe from the Sept. 1952 issue of Pageant


I found this great article entitled "How I Stay in Shape". It has great insight into Marilyn's health and fitness regiment as well as wonderful candid photos of her. Enjoy!

2 Vintage Beauty Lovers Said...:

Gingeyginge said...

I dont tan I go red all over!

Jessica Teas (née Gearhart) said...

Completely agreed... she stuck to her guns on that one. I'm of the same mind and can't even bring myself to fake bake, no matter what people say about looking thinner/healthier in pics with a tan. Bah to all that...

When I launched my old e-commerce site Cult Beauty in 2008, we had an article on Marilyn and it wasn't half as insightful as this post. Well done on finding that article and the exact source from the quote!

xx JT

Blog Widget by LinkWithin