Thursday, November 12, 2009

Homespun Beauty: Pumpkin Mask

My Hunny and my boys pumpkin hunting at the Tanaka Farm in Irvine, Ca.


So here I am at my computer slathering my luscious pumpkin spice hand lotion, glancing over at my french country calender with vintage pumpkins pictures, and thinking about the giant pumpkin sitting on my kitchen table that my boys and I will bake into pies and muffins tomorrow. Hmmm...what shall I write about...


Pumpkin is a wonderful and gentle exfoliant that works by eating up all the dead skin cells that are sitting on the surface of the skin. It's also loaded with yummy vitamins for luminous skin. For maximum benefits, wear this mask as you indulge on pumpkin pie and a warm cup of cider!


Luminous Pumpkin & Milk Mask
1 T canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp pumpkin seed oil
1 T finely ground oatmeal
coconut milk (enough to moisten to desired consistency)
Mix all the ingredients together and spread evenly over face and neck, avoiding the eye and nostril area. Leave on for 10-15 minuets and rinse thoroughly. Follow with toner, serum and moisturizer.
**This make may tingle a bit. That's okay and simply means that the pumpkin is exfoliating and stimulating skin renewal. If it burns though (which I highly doubt it will) rinse it off immediately and apply a cold compress. If you don't feel any tingling, that's okay too. You just may not be as sensitive.

0 Vintage Beauty Lovers Said...:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin